About Me

My photo
Beach. Music. Ocean. Bugs. Love. Hawaii. I call NZ home. Sun. Sun. Summer.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

jazz and jokes

I have found my new favorite place in Honolulu.

Jazz minds.

It is a rad little bar with live jazz every night.

http://www.honolulujazzclub.com/music.htm

It is insanely cool. The people are so wicked. The music is even better. The vibe is so relaxing.

There is a band that plays every Wednesday called The Deadbeats. They were so awesome.
Check them out. Its worth the few minutes of your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh2yyI9fdjY

And yes I am totally in love with the Sax player, as is everyone that walks through the door.

I am also in love with a lot of people in Hawaii..
So much so that I will make a love list (in a kind of particular order but not really)...


0. Beautiful dread guy who I always see walking around campus
1. Sax player from the deadbeats
2. Big guy in my oceanography class with cool tats
3. Tall guy in my oceanography class with cool hats, long hair and a skateboard
4. Simon from the 7th floor of my building whom I have met once
5. Marion, my Hawaiian mom
6. Tove, my swede
7. Amazingly beautiful long haired dude with tattoos from the first week here
8. Marissa, my roomie
9. Su and J, my other roomies
10. Singer from the deadbeats, just cause he is cool
11. Ant, the dude here from Auckland Uni cause we talk about Renkon a lot
12. Other beautiful dreaded man around campus who smooches his girlfriend in public a lot
13. Babe from Sandys beach #1
14. Babe from Sandys beach #2
15. All other babes from Sandys
16. Guy from floor 14 of my building

I was tempted to include a few photos but thats beyond creepy!


As you can see, Hawaii is full of potential suiters to be brought home to marry.
Unfortunately, I am not a beautiful, half Asian, half Hawaiian goddess that they are most likely searching for, or already have.
Alas, one day there will be a babe for me who tops all others (well at least this is what I must keep telling myself in order to keep my sanity..).

On a lighter note, I also went to the Beauty And The Beast musical by the travelling broadway.
AMAZING.
Photo proof:




Now I will tell you all a small story.


Huh Humm (coughing noise).

There once was a girl names Tove. She was a crazily awesome fairy-lady from a tiny odd place called Sweden. She looked a little like this...
She played and read and worked all her days, and laughed and sang and chilled all her nights.
She was a special lady and a special soul. She always looked cool and always talked nice.
In the June time, she danced around a pole with her other Sweden folk, and sang and was merry and jumped like a frog. She was a special little fairy-lady indeed.

Now a story about a non-insect named Ant.
He looked a little like this.....
He came from the land of the upside down, where they don't walk, but use monkey bars so they don't fall from the earth. His land was that of the long white cloud and his passion was to be cool, which he did with no effort. He studied the Asians and played in a band. His girlfriend was cute, and he travels a lot. He says things three times, all the time, and has heaps of the same vans shoes in different colors. A cool lad that fell into the land of the right way up.

And now a story about a girl descended from criminals.
She looked a little like this...


She is a special one. This girl was little and tiny and sweet, and she arrived to the same adventure as the rest. She came from a city, before that a river. She was shy once upon a time, but then turned crazy like the rest. She was lovely and nice and liked to put chilly in every meal, making people sneeze and fan their eyes. But the meals were great. She stayed up late, and studied hard but was always easily swayed in the direction of an adventure. A rad little chick.

So these three stories are about my favorites.
There are more favorites, but these three are fab.

This is the end for today, time to cook a quiche!

No comments:

Post a Comment